Friday, December 24, 2010

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas my true love gave to me never ending traditions

Can you believe that we've come to our last day? I'm sure you all finished up your holiday shopping and are now partying with your family. That's what we're doing anyway. I first want to thank you for letting me share my stories. I feel like I've had lots of support and that most of you have enjoyed the 12 Days of Christmas also. I hope that in writing them they have helped and inspired you. How grateful I am to have written them and remember all the details of so many Christmas's we have been blessed with.

I wanted to make this brief so that you can read and get on with your own holiday traditions. One of my favorite traditions is reading from Luke II. Every year we dress up and we take turns being different people in the Nativity. Since we have an abundance of animal costumes, this year my children will be the stable animals in the story. We'll see how that goes, but I hope that you all do some kind of tradition that brings you closer to Jesus Christ.

Whether it be reading from the Bible, reading stories, or watching a religious video I hope it helps you to remember the meaning of this time of year. I know I will never be able to repay Christ for what he did for me, but I know that in every act of service, kind deed, or kind words, we are taking one more step toward Him. I hope you've seen how the many people in my stories and life have demonstrated this. My love goes out to all of you and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment