Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My miracle today

Have miracles ceased? In a world where we are constantly bombarded with negative images of killings, bombings, and many other cruel forms of inhumanity, sometimes I ask myself why I can’t see a miracle. I think that most people categorize a miracle as something that only God can produce. But I know the means in which he does it are through people here on earth.

Since being unemployed we have seen so many small and large miracles that have come to us in so many ways. One month this summer we were short on paying our mortgage and literally the day we needed it we got a check in the mail from Allan’s brother for the exact amount we needed.  I went through every emotion and wondered how he knew we needed it.

I think I can replicate this story tenfold. We have received checks and even a car when we needed it the most. I count all of these as miracles that have come from God through those who have been willing to listen and to act. It never ceases to amaze me how much God must love us that he would send help right when we needed it. This help and miracle came today and I would like to share it with you.

While surfing my daily websites I decided to check my bank account. Uh oh was the first thing I thought. Not only were we in the hole 90 dollars but the money that was supposed to come through today did not which made a deficiency in our account. I started to panic and called Allan to see what had happened. He made a few calls and it turns out the money wasn’t coming until Friday. Well what were we going to do till then I thought? I had received a package in the mail the day before of a present I was saving for Christmas but decided that if I took it back I could replace that money that I needed in the bank.

But what was I to do about some groceries I needed? I packed up the kids and we stopped by the mail before heading back to the store. In it was an ad for free eggs, bacon, English muffins, orange juice, and cereal at Winco. Did I say it was free? Yes! All of it free. I counted this as a small miracle and went on my way doing all of the errands I had to do with both kids in tow.

After getting home we relaxed a bit and my mind went to what I was going to try and make for dinner. I was extremely tired and emotional from the day and I had no energy to make a big meal nor did we have many ingredients. I stood up and was staring in to my pantry. I decided that it would have to be a potato bar night and quickly shut the pantry door.

Then there was a knock on the door. It was a good friend of mine who lives around the corner. In her hand was a gallon of milk, a roasted chicken, and some homemade bread. She said “I was thinking about you and I wanted to bring this by.” I was in shock and took the items and hugged her. As soon as the door shut tears began pouring down my face. How did she know that we were in need? I fell to my knees to thank God for sending someone to us and for the miracles that have happened today.

God knows us so well and wants to help and bless us. When you feel prompted, do what He tells you to because you’ll never know the difference you’ll make for someone else. 

Love to you all,
Kattie

3 comments:

  1. I have to remind myself that I can't read your blog at work...every post makes me cry! You're right, God does work miracles, we just have to look for them through the amazing people in our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kattie, this is so beautiful! God loves you so much! Thank you so much for sharing this story. It reminds me that I need to stay closer to the spirit. You are one of the amazing people in my life, and I want to thank you for that! You deserves so many blessings for being such an amazing person.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful. I don't know how it passed by my attention that Allan lost his job. I guess I just thought he was a student and didn't realize he was out of work. I'm sorry for your trials but happy for your blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete